BA (Hons) DipARCH ARB RIBA
John is a Chartered Architect with over twenty years experience in the construction industry, in the UK and internationally. He has substantial experience working within leading multi-disciplinary design teams.
He has a substantial background on complex projects working in areas such as: project administration, design process, technical design, design integration, multi-disciplinary design co-ordination, statutory requirements, and contract administration.
John is a strategic thinker and has worked on various transportation projects, including ten significant airport projects among others. He has worked on projects based in the UK, in Czech Republic, Ireland, Cyprus, Russia, Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia.
- John has a particular expertise and perhaps a unique knowledge of airport access (accessibility) and egress (life and fire safety) design integration.
- He has taken responsibility for projects and parts of projects at various stages and is quick to comprehend the crux of design issues. He has worked on the preparation of stakeholder requirement and design control documentation, among his design process skills.
- John’s experience in the design development, detail, administration and co-ordination in major projects includes : Heathrow Airport Heathrow Terminal 1 – Eastern Extension Project, Baggage Hall and Departures Level Extension, Heathrow Terminal 5 Concourse A development of the T5A fire strategy, Heathrow Search Areas Projects, Gatwick Airport ALPD, Gatwick Airport ITTS, Dublin Airport Authority Terminal 2, Paphos International Airport, Pulkovo International Airport Terminal St Petersburg.
- Other projects include: a flag ship museum project in Abu Dhabi, King Abdulaziz International Airport(Saudi Arabia,Jeddah), Swiss Cottage and Neasden London Underground station (upgrade works) as well as on projects in Retail, Mixed Use, Residential, Public Sector, Commercial and others.
- John is a thorough organiser of co-ordinated design output and has often been the catalyst to release design progress.
- His professional and technical background has given John a good understanding of BIM and its opportunities and challenges.
RIBA – Member
- Pascall +Watson Architects (Jun 2006 – Jan 2013).
- Lyons Sleeman and Hoare (Dec 2004 – May 2006).
- Pascall + Watson Architects (Feb 2001 – Jun 2004).
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Ltd -formerly PB Kennedy & Donkin Ltd – (Dec 1998 – Jan 2001).
- Pringle Brandon Architects (Sep 1989 – Jun 1998).
- Richard Tear Architects (Sep 1988 & Easter 1989).
- Gutteridge Woodford Chambers (Sep’ 1986 to July 1987/ Sep 1981 to Sep 1983).
Publications (and research)
- ‘Making Best Use of Experts in Complex Disputes’, June 2018, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘Airport Accessibility a New Approach’ (2013) , an article on the impact of increased take up and application of EU Directive EC 1107-2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air, to airport design.
- Involved with the research ‘The Impact of Flat Panel Screens on Office Design Standards’ (with Pringle Brandon)
- Various project related reports such as:’Observations on the use of Cyprus Sandstone’ (Paphos Airport) and ‘Plaza Codes and Standards’ (museum project in Abu Dhabi).
Recent Public Speaking
- RIBA Talk on “Confidentiality,” RIBA Seminar: “BIM and Copyright,” 16th April 2014
For a detailed CV please contact us