BA (Hons), PGDip, March, PRINCE2
An architectural assistant with experience of the early delivery stages of design, on-site operations and project management.
At Probyn Miers he works closely with our forensic team bringing his methodological approach to bear on complex issues of building design and construction. His on-site experience is crucial for site investigations and research.
- Probyn Miers, architectural assistant.
- RIBA Enterprises Ltd. In his role as specialist recruitment consultant he also fulfil the role as a Deputy Manager, compiling financial reports, carrying out bespoke candidate searches and business development. (2015- 2017)
- Working for 2 sole practitioners on the preparation of planning applications, preparation of tender stage information packages and participation in the contractor selection process. In this role he was actively introduced to building control issues, preparation of construction drawings, on site coordination, liaising with clients and contractors and assisting in the evaluation of design options. Key projects: Residential, £110 K; Commercial, £2.8m; School premises (new build), £4.2m. (2013-2015).
- Pembroke Care Group, a semi voluntary position (2013- 2015)
- A & F Pilbeam Construction Ltd, Site Manager’s Assistant: Coordination of subcontractors, ensuring the availability and on-time delivery of supplies, ensuring the timely execution of the schedule of works, health & safety briefings, administrative and HR duties, design contribution in resolving technical issues on-site. (Oct 2010- June 2011)
- John Simpson Architects Ltd, Architectural Assistant: RIBA Plan of Work Stages 0-3, assisting on residential, hospitality and educational projects. Team design participation and assistance in securing planning consents. (2001- July 2008)
- PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner – Project Management (2017)
- M.Arch Architecture, RIBA Part 2 – University of Brighton, School of Architecture, Brighton, UK (2011-2013)
- PGDip in Architectural Studies – University of Brighton, School of Architecture, Brighton, UK (2008-2010)
- BA (Hons) Architecture, RIBA Part 1 – University of Plymouth, School of Architecture, Plymouth, UK (2003-2006)
CAD, MS Office Suite, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Corel Draw, Rhino 3D and 3D Studio Max , Health and Safety, emergency first aid and safeguarding adults at risk.
Memberships – Affiliations:
- Tate Modern Society
- The Art Workers’ Guild
- Centre for Alternative Technology
- The Hellenic Association for the Environment and Culture
- Volunteering: Olympic Games, Athens 2004
- Conservation volunteers – ELIX
Languages: Greek, English