Investigation of building defects
Probyn Miers has a track record of excellence in the analysis of building defects, both as appointed expert witnesses and directly for building owners. Our experience extends across a wide range of construction types, cultures and environments.
In this area we are able to offer:
- Systematic independent expert investigation of building defects;
- Independent advice about the precise nature of building defects and the appropriate remedies;
- Presentation of our analysis in a manner suited to formal dispute resolution procedures, where necessary;
- Cooperation with other consultants where appropriate;
- Consultancy on remedial works.
Probyn Miers involvement at an early stage of a project can minimise potential problems and contractual risks, and help to avoid later disputes.
"We have instructed Probyn Miers on a number of matters over the last decade.
When instructing them, I am confident that I will receive detailed, balanced
and commercial advice which will assist my clients and me in determining the
best resolution for a dispute, be it litigation, arbitration or adjudication".
Instructing solicitor on behalf of insurer