BEng(Hon), LLM, CEng, MICE, FCIArb, MAPM
Catherine is a Chartered Civil Engineer with 20 years experience in the UK, USA, and the Middle East. She has a Masters Degree in Construction Law and Arbitration.
Catherine has extensive experience in Engineering, Project Management, and Architecture on substantial, complex and high profile construction projects.
Her skills and experience of project management of major contracts is complemented by her wide experience of design and construction processes from feasibility through to completion, contract formation and administration, contract law, quality assurance implementation and on various areas of training.
- Project Management of substantial high profile constructions up to US$100million.
- Experienced in the management of 20+ teams including MEP, structural and architectural designers, interiors, cost planners and administration of contracts.
- Management of complex structural and architectural projects with leading decision making responsibilities and problem solving skills.
- Internal Quality Auditor’s experience and trainer of staff on systems and audit.
- Particular experience in the sector of prime hotels from conception to soft opening and final project delivery.
- Widely experienced on complex Engineering projects, including Immersed Tube Tunnels and High Rise Buildings.
- Peter Evans Partnership, Dispute Resolution Consultants, Dubai (March – May 2014): Claims Consultant
- Mace, Dubai (2000-2011):
Specialist Consultant on Hotels (Fairmont on the Palm Project, Dubai).
Senior Project Manager for Hotels at the Bahrain City Centre.
Project Manager for Kempinski Hotel (US$80million/5*) at the Mall of the Emirates.
Project Manager for Shangri-La Hotel (US$100 million).
Project Manager for Abu Dhabi Grand Hotel extension.
Project Manager of consultant and interior design teams.
- Hyder Consultants Ltd, Dubai (1997-2000):
Project engineer and technical management at Emirates Towers (US$500million).
Administration, contracts and completion forecast for Coke Calcining, Bahrain.
Administration/client liaison for Shaikhn Khalifa Bin Salman Causeway Bridge Project.
- Acer Engineers and Consultants, Inc, USA (1995-1997):
Structural Engineer on Fort Point Channel Crossing, Immersed Tube Tunnel, Central Artery Tunnel, a dual tunnel crossing, Boston, MA.
Project Coordinator of building, tunnel architects, ventilation engineers and structural engineers.
Bridges Inspector, costs evaluations and use of PA-DOT, Lancaster County, PA, USA.
- Acer Consultants (Far East) Ltd (1994-1995):
Lantau and Airport Railway, Western Immersed Tube, Hong Kong.
- Acer Consultants, Isle of Man (1992-1994):
Sewer rehabilitation and construction; plans, specifications and tender documents.
- Acer Consultants, Wetherby (1990-1994):
Department of Transport M1-M62 Link and A63 improvements highway project.
Northumbrian Water Authority.
- Member, Institution of Civil Engineers
- Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Publications (a selection)
- ‘The Use of Modified FIDIC Forms in the UAE’, October 2015, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
Recent Public Speaking – a selection
- ‘Dealing with Modified Contracts Under the New FIDIC Guidance’ – FIDIC Middle East, Abu Dhabi – February 2017
- ‘The Management of Contract Claims the Resolution of Disputes for Property Development in the GCC (FIDIC)’ DRBF – Gulf Property Show, Bahrain – April 2016