BA (Hons), BArch, MA (Cantab), RIBA, ARB
Emma is a Chartered Architect with over 20 years’ experience in the construction industry delivering new build, refurbishment and master-planning projects. Her experience includes projects in the commercial, residential, education and transport sectors.
Her appointments have included various roles as a lead consultant for large multi-disciplinary teams as a project architect; project manager; contract administrator and employer’s agent. Her areas of professional practice have included design and management of projects in conservation areas; listed buildings; design + build developments and multi-use building projects; in- house guidance on appointment documents; project monitor services; stage report audits and quality reviews.
Emma’s accumulated experience as a contract administrator and as a lead architect on projects up to the a value of £600 Million, has included the various stages of preparation of appointments; planning; tender and contract documentation; contract administration; regulatory compliance and building defects.
- Rise Management Consulting (2018-2019)- Project Manager: Commercial headquarters and residential – London
- Harper Downie (2012-2017)- Associate/ Project Architect : Fee proposals, appointment documents, specifications, tracking schedules; reviews of planning, tender and contract documents; coordination of team resourcing; coordination of contracts, CDM and H&S matters; monitoring during the construction phase, wide quality review process. London
- Useful Simple Trust (2011-2012): Review and implementation of marketing strategy and preparation of proposal documents; standardisation of documentation for ITT and PQQ submissions. London
- Hawkins\Brown (2010)- Project Manager for Hawkins\Brown’s office refurbishment: design reviews, programming, procurement strategy, tender documents, contract administration, valuation of works, management of budget, cost control. London
- Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (2006-2009)- Associate: Project Manager for several major master planning and architectural projects and management of multiple design teams , preparation of PQQs and tender submissions and of relevant procedures for compliance with a Quality Management System to achieve ISO 9001 accreditation. London
- Hawkins\Brown (2000-2006)- Senior Architect: Providing tender and production information and contract documentation for education, residential and transport projects. Tottenham Court Road Station Upgrade for London Underground / Tubelines: design development of the underground station; coordination, project programming; client liaison to both Tubelines and London Underground. London
- RIBA Part III, University of North London (2002)
- MA (Cantab), Jesus College, University of Cambridge (2000)
- BArch, Cardiff University, Welsh School of Architecture (1999)
- BA(Hons) Architecture, Jesus College, University of Cambridge (1996)
- Architects Registration Board – Registered Member
- Royal Institute of British Architects – Chartered Member