BA, BArch, RIBA, MAE.
Associate Technical Director
Frank is a Chartered Architect with over thirty years’ experience of architectural practice and has been active in expert witness consultancy since 2004.
He has given expert evidence in Court and has been a key participant in several mediations.
Frank’s consultancy experience has included many sensitive cases involving alleged professional negligence in the design and/or administration of construction projects.
Appointed as principal expert in over twenty cases of dispute resolution and litigation.
- Appointed as a Principal Expert Architect and Expert Witness in a wide range of multidisciplinary projects.
- Probyn Miers | HKA. Associate Technical Director (August 2020).
- Probyn Miers Ltd .Expert Architect (2007-July 2020).
- An Expert Architect at Probyn Miers since 2008.
- He has undertaken expert reviews on a range of technical problems including cladding and glazing systems, tanking, roofing and waterproofing, internal plasterwork and accuracy of construction.
- Frank is experienced in all the key professional tasks including client liaison, design, planning and building control consents, technical detailing and production information, contract administration and obtaining resolution of defects. He has performed these tasks in connection with a wide variety of project types such as offices, schools, hospital buildings, residential new build and refurbishment.
- He has provided impartial reports at the request of those representing architects, their insurers, architect clients and building contractors.
- His particular strong analytical skills enable Frank to recognise and extract critical information from multiple sources.
- He has acquired and maintained a grasp of BIM (Building Information Modelling) procedures and emerging conventions.
- Instrumental in the implementation of our core GDPR, QA and Cyber Security licenses.
- RIBA – Member since 1982
- Academy of Experts – Member since 2007
- Society of Construction Law – Member since 2009
Publications (a selection)
- ‘BIM and “Revocability” ’- February 2018, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘But it was approved… Building Control and Design Responsibility’- February 2017, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘BIM: Marching to Level 3 – Can the Law Keep Pace?’, October 2016 – ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘A Complete BIM Toolkit?’ – June 2015, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘BIM, Copyright and Licensing’- June 2014, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘Planning Applications: Hope and Homework’ – February 2013, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘Novation Agreements’, October 2012 – ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘Sustainability – Current Overview’ – June 2012, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘BIM and Architects Professional Risk’ – February 2012, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- ‘The CIC Form of Contract- Brief Overview’ – October 2011, ‘Perspective’ Journal.
- He has published in the Construction Law Journal.
Public Speaking – a selection
- RIBA Talk on “BIM in Context,” RIBA Seminar: “BIM and Copyright,” 16th April 2014
- BIM: new roles and responsibilities, Probyn Miers Seminar, 9th October 2013
- ‘What Drives BIM?’ – ‘BIM Toolkit’ Talk, TLT Bristol, 8th July 2015
For a detailed CV please contact us