Hiba M Al-Abiad
- Hiba is an Architect qualified in Lebanon, with 7 years of experience in the construction industry. She has held several posts with one of the major, highly regarded construction companies in the Middle East and has worked on some of the landmark projects in Lebanon.
- Her professional experience in construction and project co-ordination has enabled Hiba to develop excellent organisational skills and an analytical approach to all areas of construction, working from in initial site excavation through to project hand-over. Hiba is a very good team player accustomed to managing professionals and to working under high levels of pressure to achieve critical milestone dates on demanding projects.
- Hiba has particular experience in high-rise construction, including the co-ordination of specialist sub-contractor design work and the integration of building, mechanical & electrical and interior design construction information.
- Hiba is experienced in the detailed analysis of contract documents, to provide clear and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction. This includes the preparation of design submittals, materials submittals, shop drawings, method statements, as-built drawings and O&M manuals, and amongst other information. She is used to advising on solutions for design problems, such as conflicts, interferences and errors /omissions between trades.
- Hiba is experienced in the co-ordination and management of complex projects up to US$200m in value. Included among others are the Maraa 929 Tower, Qoreitem Garden Tower , Azem Educational Compound, The Platinum Tower ( Marina of Beirut ), The Metropolitan City Centre , as well as various private residential projects.
- Hiba is currently completing her MSc in Construction Law and Dispute Resolution at King’s College, University of London. She is fluent in Arabic and English.