BA(AS), MArch, Dip Arch, RIBA, ARB
Janice is a Registered Architect in both the UK and Hong Kong with 13 years of experience in architectural design, technical design, design coordination and project management, and is accustomed to working within a BIM environment.
The foundations of Janice’s broad professional background are strongly cemented by her leading roles in a wide range of large scale, complex building types, in both private and public sectors. Janice is experienced in working on Expert Witness appointments, including liaising with clients and instructing solicitors.
- Substantial experience in large scale complex building types in Hong Kong, London and the Middle East, including high-rise residential, mixed-use development, transportation, aviation and healthcare.
- Proficient in BIM working environments for design processes and clash detections.
- Experience covers all stages of the design process from conceptual design to planning application, detail design, technical information production, tendering, and through to contract administration and construction.
- Experienced in multi-disciplinary coordination as lead consultant, collaboration with contractors, liaison with private client teams and associated stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge in both national and international design standards and compliance requirements to suit various geographical and cultural needs.
- Familiar with design and project management, including deliverables management, delivery programming, resources plans, fees proposals, and change control.
- Involved in technical reviews and peer reviews of drawings and reports for optimization of the initial designs.
Probyn Miers, Senior Architect (2020 to present)
- Expert Witness and Technical Forensic Investigation.
Cowan Architects, Expert Witness | Architect (2019-2020)
- Expert Witness on the accommodation facilities sector. Provided expert opinion evidence, prepared quantum reports to support litigated cases, prepared design/ remedial solutions upon settlements.
Atkins, Associate | Architect (2018-2019)
- Stephenson Street Phase 1a (£180 million), London. Technical Architectural lead at RIBA Stages 3-4 to deliver GIA 59,866m², 640 residential units/ six towers.
HOK, Associate | Architect (2006-2017)
- Spire London, Canary Wharf, London (£450 million). Project Architect from Stage 2 planning application to Stage 4 PCSA. A 242m high residential tower, 115.000m². Lead consultant for Greenland Group, Shanghai on design/ deliver of 861 high quality apartments and communal facilities.
- Lusail City Transportation Structures, Lusail, Qatar. Project Architect for the design of different types of transport related architectural items, including at and below grade light rail transit stations.
- King Khaled International Airport, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (£730 million). Project Architect for a multidiscipline design team at Concept and Reference Design stages.
- Master Architect for Gatwick Airport Framework, London. Architect for strategic design and planning services on the expansion and regeneration of the airport to provide 30mppa capacity.
- Mshreib Metro Station, Doha, Qatar (£522 million). Architect to produce the Concept and Schematic Design Information to enable the procurement of Mshreib Station, the largest and most important station of the new Metro system.
- Yusha Square, Haikou, China. Architect for the Concept Design and master planning for 800,000m² mixed-use development.
- Crossrail Framework, Intermediate Ventilation Shafts, London. Lead architect for the design and production information for three of the six intermediate ventilation shafts.
- St Barts and Royal London Hospital, London (£1.2 billion). Team member of the construction stage of the new 17-storey including basement Royal London Hospital and the 111,500m² extension, one of the largest PFI projects in the UK delivered by the consortium of Barts Health NHS Trust and Skanska.
Anshen Dyer (reformed as Stantec Anshen + Allen), Architectural Assistant (2005)
- London Clinic Cancer Centre, London. Team member involved in the planning submission, medical planning and interior design for the new 8,900m² private hospital.
- London Clinic Main Clinic, London. Team member of the re-planning and design proposals for the refurbishment of the existing 21,675m² private hospital.
Architectural Services Department, Hong Kong, Architectural Graduate (2003-2005)
- New Infectious Disease Centre, Princess Margaret Hospital, Hong Kong. Architectural team member of the government in-house multi-disciplinary team from concept design to construction of the new 19,000m².
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong. Team member of the extension of 950m² of the A&E Department and Pharmacy Department.
Sprunt Ltd, Architectural Assistant (2000-2001)
- Brookhouse Borehamwood, London. Team member of the design proposal and planning application for 72 units sheltered housing for the elderly.
- BA (Architectural Studies) – University of Hong Kong (2000)
- Exchange Student – University of Strathclyde (2002)
- Master of Architecture – University of Hong Kong (2003)
- Part I & Part II Prescribed Qualification Examination – ARB & RIBA (2007)
- Postgraduate Diploma Professional Practice Architecture (ARB/ RIBA Part III) – Kingston University (2007)
- Hong Kong Institute of Architects Examinations (2008)
- Architects Registration Board (UK)
- Royal Institute of British Architects
- Architects Registration Board (Hong Kong)
- The Hong Kong Institute of Architects
- English: Fluent (Bilingual)
- Cantonese: Fluent (Native)
- Mandarin: Professional proficient
- French: Elementary
For a detailed CV please contact us