AA Dipl MA(Arch), ARB, RIBA
Senior Architect - Forensic Analysis & ADR
Martin is an Architect with substantial technical expertise accumulated over 35 years of practice in UK, the UAE and Oman with over 22 years of experience in the Middle East.
He has delivered numerous projects from inception to completion including the undertaking of design reviews for complex projects, client liaison and contractor management. His expertise in both design and delivery is combined with experience of meeting key stakeholder objectives.
Lead Architect on complex projects up to AED3.5bn and managing multi-disciplinary specialists’ groups on technically demanding projects.
- A broad expertise and in-depth appreciation of International Building Codes (IBC, NFPA and British Standards) with a long trajectory on design and delivery, commercial / contract and project management processes under various procurement methodologies.
- With over 22 years in the Middle East as Lead Architect, Lead Resident Project Manager, Resident Architect and Head of Architecture – Production for major engineering firms; as manager of external specialist sub-consultants and advising commercial teams on architecture related issues.
- A wide-ranging experience in façade design, performance and detailing of the building envelope, including construction supervision of major mall and airport projects.
- Extensive managing roles on front-end design and production, as well as site-based teams in the delivery of complex projects: several airports, retail, residential, mixed use, hotels, palaces, hospitals/ clinics, schools, military bases, as well as industrial projects including (a selection only):
- NAS Arena, Dubai Crown Prince Office.
- Al Maktoum International Airport Dubai, UAE (AED 500 Million).
- Dubai International Airport Concourse D/ Terminal 1 APM Link (AED 3.5 Billion).
- Presidential Palace Project, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Salalah International Airport, Oman (RO 290 Million).
- Ghantoot Naval Base, Abu Dhabi (190,000m2)
- Sweihan Airbase, Abu Dhabi (50,000m2).
- Al Waab City, Doha, Qatar (QR 6 Billion).
- Al Bustan development, Dubai.
- Dubai Sports City, UAE (100,000 capacity / 67,000m2 GLA), design manager for client / concept designer liaison, team coordination.
- Shabhat Neighbourhood, Al Ain (43,000 m2 AED 200 Million). Project Director.
- Dubai Industrial City Logistics Park – Design & Build Contract (AED 900 Million).
- CBC Tower Business Bay, Dubai (AED 200 Million) 21 storey waterfront tower. Project Director, design manager.
- GEMS School Silicon Oasis, Dubai (2000 Place Primary/ Secondary). Project Manager/ Concept Design.
- Mall of Emirates Retail and Hotel Complex, Dubai (AED 3.5 Billion), then the largest shopping centre outside North America.
- Deira City Centre Triangle Site Development, Dubai (AED 140 Million). .
- La Riviera Tower, Dubai Marina – Residential Tower (AED 120 Million). \
- Belhoul International Hospital Centre, Dubai (AED 45 million).
- Al Mohalab – shopping/entertainment centre, Kuwait (AED 131million).
- Al Mussalla Towers. Project Architect.
- Student Accommodation, Kings College, London (£15 million).
- Meroe Court, London (£1.3 million)
- Achieved BREEAM rating of ‘Excellent’: Project Architect responsible for design of this 13 house complex.
- RIBA – Chartered Architect
- ARB – Registered Architect
- MArch Diploma – Architectural Association School of Architecture
- RIBA – Part I (1979 – 1982)
- RIBA -Professional Practice Part II (1983 – 1985)
- Professional Practice in Architecture RIBA Part III – Post Graduate – University of Westminster (1990)
For a detailed CV please contact us