CEng MICE - Chartered Civil Engineer
Martin is a Chartered Engineer with a substantial experience on high profile projects as a Construction Manager and on the implementation of active risk management. He has led and managed construction teams of multiple subcontractors against aggressive schedules in infrastructure projects such as large-scale road and infrastructure projects, heavy engineering metro and underground projects as well as acting as clients’ representative.
Martin has acquired a substantial technical experience on his various managerial roles in complex projects in the MENA region, parts of Africa, the Balkans, and UK. He is well familiar with HSE and Quality Standards.
His various undertaking includes mass concrete pouring, bulk earthworks, structural steel works, masonry, cladding, glazing, high specification fit out and associated MEP works for buildings, heavy earthworks, permanent revetments and quay walls, asbestos abatement, installation of underground wet and dry utilities, trackworks, permanent fencing, roadworks and landscaping. water piping networks and micro tunnelling.
- Doha Metro Depot, Doha, Qatar- $2Billion (2017 – 2018). Deputy Depot Construction Manager and Project Manager on key projects including the iconic information control centre within the Depot.
- TwoFoldUnited, Civil/Construction: Abu Dhabi, UAE (2016 – 2017) Construction Manager – underground utilities / infrastructure. Responsible for construction activities for the installation of a chilled water piping network.
- Bechtel, Civil /Construction: Libreville, Gabon- $300m (2015 – 2016): Construction Manager – Ports & Infrastructure. Among the undertaken of key roles the management of land reclamation and infrastructure packages within the Port Mole Redevelopment Project.
- Bechtel, Civil /Construction: Libreville, Gabon – $400m (2014): Construction Manager/Risk Specialist – Infrastructure Dept. Implemented active risk management system for all infrastructure packages within infrastructure department worth a combined $400m. Construction Manager of several complex road projects worth a combined $70m.
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI since 2016)
- Institute of Civil Engineers – active member since 2009
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with Institution of Civil Engineers UK (2018)
- LLM Construction Law and Arbitration via distance learning (2018 – 2020)
- Project Management Professional (PMP – PMI) (2016)
- RICS accredited Advanced course in Quantity Surveying (2015)
- NEBOSH – National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety (distinction) (2011)
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt (2011)
- MEng Civil Engineering with Construction Management (2008)