Nick Hutsteiner is a Chartered Architect with more than 20 years of experience. He has a substantial track record in the design and design management of a range of complex projects in Austria, Italy, United Arab Emirates, India, Tanzania, Azerbaijan and in the UK.
Nick has a wealth of experience in the design and management of international construction contracts up to USD 45 million. He has led architectural teams producing design and construction information and has been responsible for the management of multi-disciplinary teams of design consultants. As a result he is conversant with all stages of the architectural process from master planning and concept design through to completion.
During his career Nick has developed particular expertise in the planning and management of design and construction projects and in strategic master planning and feasibility studies. Nick is a permanent consultant for Probyn Miers.
- Novotel Green Wall, Barsha, Dubai (UAE): Conceptualisation, design & appraisal of façade design options for the largest ‘green wall’- vertical garden in the Middle East (in excess of 10,000sqft ).
- The Hilton Beach Resort & Spa, Ras Al Khaimah (UAE): Responsible for design and production of construction information. Coordinated the design and built process and liaised with the client for this USD 40million contract.
- The Pulse Apartments London (UK): Design team leader and contract administrator, a USD 45million prestigious residential development.
- The Al Maha Desert Resort Dubai (UAE): Responsible for the design development and production information of a luxury game resort in the desert outside Dubai City, a construction value of USD 30milion from RIBA stage C to completion.
- Thornhill Gardens, London (UK): Responsible for detail design and construction detailing of metal works, brickwork and stonework packages, under a fast-track management contract.
- Community Hospital extension London (UK): Responsible for concept design through to planning consent for a complex USD 30million contract involving extensive three-way liaison with planners, the NHS and hospital user groups.
- Al Maha Desert Resort Dubai (UAE): Supervision of the production of detailed design and construction information.
- A Ski Resort in Azerbaijan: Concept design to tender production information of gondola stations and viewing towers in a virgin mountain setting in the Caucasus, in cooperation with Mace and a local state-owned developer.
- Master planning of two Beach Resorts (for the Government of Ras Al Khaimah): Conceptual positioning, master planning studies and preparing detailed feasibility studies for two 300 key hotel resorts
- Convrgnt LLC, Dubai-UAE (2005 – 2013), Head of Design department.
- KSR Architects, London/ UK (2000 – 2005), Project Director
Nightingale Associates, London (2000), Project Architect
Schuster Pechtold & Partners – SPP Architects (1997 – 1998, Dubai), Deputy Project Architect
Intern at Masser Architekten (1991 – 1996 Vienna)
- “Building control in Dubai – a Variety How approval processes can differ across one city”, Perspective article 2015
- English, German, Italian, French, Hindi.